In the Philippines, one of the most anticipated events of the year is New Year’s eve. It is an occasion when people gather together to say goodbye to the passing year and welcome the new one that’s coming.
Of course, party foods, lucky fruits and firecrackers are the main highlights of the celebration in most Filipino homes. However, if you want to skip the tedious preparations, you can choose to take the merrymaking to the most popular New Year countdown venues in the Philippines where you can witness spectacular fireworks display, enjoy great entertainment, and be treated to an array of festive foods.
Don’t know where to celebrate? Search no more.
Here’s a list of the best spots in Manila where you can go for an unforgettable New Year’s eve countdown to 2018.
1. Bonifacio Global City - If its an epic countdown you want, BGC and Think Taguig got you covered. For the first time, the two are partnering to offer a NYE countdown like no other. Complete with fireworks, food and drinks. You also wouldn’t want to miss live entertainment courtesy of artists like Hale, Aia de Leon, Kiana, Gab and Gary V. Party starts at 5pm at the Bonifacio High Street Amphitheater, 5th Avenue in BGC.
See their Facebook page for more details.
2. Resorts World Manila - The Grand Countdown to 2018 is happening at the Marriott Grand Ballroom on the 31st of December. Starting off with a mass at 6pm, followed by a dinner at 7pm, the countdown also offers world-class entertainment from the country’s top performers, with the likes of Arnel Pineda and Lani Misalucha as the event’s main featured artists. Special performances will also come from Sam Mangubat, Darren Espanto, Jon Santos, and many more.
Click here for ticket inquiries.
3. The Penthouse 8747 - Celebrate New Year’s Eve with lots of glitz and sparkle. Starting at 8pm, the party kicks off with Manila’s top DJs spinning your favorite tunes. Stay up on your feet until sunrise because for sure, it’s going to be a special night up at the Pent that you won’t forget!
For reservations, contact +639178010655.
4. Valkyrie - A New Year’s Eve ball awaits you at Valkyrie! Featuring the Dutch DJ, Quintino, you can head off to the Uptown Bonifacio in Taguig to say Hello to 2018 with a bang! Other featured artists include Kenneth G, Ace Ramos, Mars Miranda, Martin Pulgar and Kouta Kutsuma!
For inquiries and table reservations, please contact 0917-680-8888 or check out their website.
5. Eastwood, Quezon City - If you want to end the year with a bang, you can have the fun and enjoyment that you want by taking part in Eastwood’s Annual New Year countdown. With performances that start as early as 6pm and jam packed celebrations that last even after midnight, you can have fun and enjoy the countdown to 2018 with some of your favorite artists taking charge of the entertainment. But the highlight of the countdown is the dazzling star drop which is the country’s version of Times Square ball drop in New York City.
Check out www.megaworldlifestylemalls.com, for more information about the countdown.
6. Okada Manila - It’s time to go all-in this 2018. Before the year ends, Okada Manila has a lot in store for its guests - The Feast of the New Year offers exclusive dining experience from its signature restaurants including Medley Buffet, Red Spice and Goryeo. There’s also the Crystal Corridor Countdown where you will witness a spectacle of light, music and water in its full splendor. These happenings will kickoff as early as 6 pm on the New Year’s Eve.
For the complete list of events, visit www.okadamanila.com and ring in 2018 in style!
Welcome 2018 on the right foot. As you get yourself busy in creating a list of your plans, as well as the things that you need to ditch to start the year right, you should also check out the list of the best spots in Manila where you can experience the most unforgettable New Year’s Eve countdown.
How do you plan to celebrate New Year’s Eve? Let us know by leaving a comment below.