With Filipinos spending more than 6 hours a day on the web (making them the top internet and social media users in the world), riding on digital trends is an effective way to boost brand and product awareness. However, you can’t just choose a trend because it’s popular. A deeper understanding is required to properly utilize one as a platform for your marketing efforts.
Here’s a set of guide questions to help gauge if you’re ready to take on one of these digital trends:
These video innovations are taking digital marketing by storm. The virtual reality market, for instance, is expected to grow from $1.37 billion in 2015 to $33.9 billion in 2022. When these video technologies are properly used, you are able to engage with your audience through interactive experiences.
- Is your brand or product the right fit for this platform?
- Will you be able to provide an immersive experience?
- Do you have the special equipment to film these types of videos?
While difficult to emulate, virality is the ultimate vehicle for an effective ad or campaign. Viral videos are a great way of getting your message across because they are easily relatable and shared a lot more than your typical video ad.
- Are you up-to-date on viral videos?
- Is your idea easily relatable and share-worthy?
- Knowing how other viral video trends clicked, do you think your video has the potential to go viral?
Your website is the foundation of your digital marketing efforts and the ultimate reference point for your audience. It’s important that to keep up with the latest design trends as your market will associate your website with your brand’s personality and image.
- Is your website compatible with mobile devices?
- Do you know what style or design would best fit your brand’s personality or image?
- Will you be able to integrate trending design styles and techniques, such as material design and GIFs?
Over the years, SEO has been declared dead. But it has simply changed, outliving the expert’s predictions. Try implementing newer trends and discover their effects on your rankings.
- Do you have a sufficient understanding of how SEO works?
- Will you be able to adjust and mold your content to fit new SEO trends?
- Are you prepared to constantly measure and analyze the effectiveness of your SEO efforts?
As Filipino users continue to grow in number, utilizing social media is an essential part of any campaign. But like any other facet of digital, it constantly changes and evolves. Keep on top of what’s trending in social media for your message to be relevant.
- Is your content interesting enough to engage with in a social media setting?
- Do you know which social media platforms are best to implement your marketing efforts in
Keeping up with trends is an essential part of executing your digital campaign, but try not to limit your ideas to what’s popular. What’s important is that it creates a memorable experience and tells a meaningful story.
Subscribe to M2Social for more digital strategies.